Chainsaw Training with Anthony Tresselt - ASTI Grant
To view member pricing please log in.
Registration ends ends Nov 08
This will help companies verify, according to OSHA and ANSI Z133.1 guideline, that they have given safety training to all your employees according to their job descriptions. It also helps to verify that employees understand basic safety concepts required to work on the ground during tree care operations, and are qualified to work as grounds workers. Registration fee includes the Chainsaw Safety workbook. Sign-in begins at 8:00 am. Appropriate attire and PPE needed. Inside and outside instruction.
This workshop is funded in part by the Arborist Safety Training Institute.
Chainsaw Safety and Ergonomics:
- Integrated risk assessment, work planning and communication
- Safety apparel, helmets, eye-wear, foot-wear and ear protection
- Ergonomics, muscle skeletal disorders (MSD's) and exercises
- Fire Prevention and Emergency Preparedness
Chainsaw Design, Feature Benefits and Starting:
- History and development of the modern chainsaw and chain
- Safety features of the modern chainsaw
- Three point contact starting, ground start and leg-lock
- Reactive forces and kick-back
Technical Cutting and Small Tree Felling:
- Systematic work planning
- Heights, obstacles, hazards
- Escape routes and the 5-15-90 rule
- Face notches, back cuts and hinge wood
- Felling sites and operator positioning
- Daily, weekly, monthly maintenance practices
- Cutter tooth sharpening, depth gauge filing, files and guides
- Cutter bar edging, dressing and cleaning
$35.00 - Member/Non-Member
6.0 - CA / CTW
B & M Lawn & Garden Center
2801 E. Miraloma Ave.
Anaheim, CA 92806