Position Summary & Key Responsibilities
The Vice President of Sales leads the sales department and manages all sales operations. Their duties include developing sales department strategies, training staff, and setting sales goals. They will manage all aspects of the sales operations with a duty to ensure sales revenues meet or exceed company goals. The Vice President of Sales position is classified under the Fair Labor Standards Act, (FLSA), as an exempt position.
The Vice President of Sales:
- Oversee process of selling to prospects and clients using all available sales tools, e.g., Incoming customer calls,
- Client Referrals, and Trade Show Response
- Active Executive team member and attends weekly meetings that creates an overall vision of the company
- Leads and oversees all Commercial aspects of the company’s Sales Department
- Accountable for and directly involved with any Commercial project over $50,000.00
- Set sales goals and produce sales forecasts and reports
- Create the Sales department budget
- Attend Company Trade shows, BOMA, CAI and/or CACM seminars
- Manages, develops, and properly utilizes Marketing Department
- Attend board meetings, pre-bid walks, and bid walks to gain knowledge of the project prior to bid submission
- Meet deadlines and ensure Sales teams Queue’s are up to date
- Develops, reviews, revises, organizes, and maintains Company’s Commission Policy
- Prepares and executes Quarterly Department Reports for Board Meetings
- Becomes knowledgeable and participates in Municipal jobs in the Sales Department
- Manages, develops, and properly utilizes direct reports and processes
- Schedule and Manage appointments, events, and job site visits in Outlook Calendar
- Executes miscellaneous duties, as assigned.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Must have several years of sales experience. Preferred previous experience in the same or similar industry.
- Prefer Senior Management experience
- Preferred bachelor’s degree in a Business-related major
- Required to be a Certified Arborists
Salary Range: $160,000.00-$180,000.00 including Commission/Bonus
- Competitive salary
- Company vehicle, laptop, and other required technology
- Insurance, including Medical, Dental, Vision, and life insurance options
- Opportunity for training and certification
- Great team-oriented environment
- Vacation, Holiday, & Sick Pay
- UNUM - offering Accident, Hospital, etc. plans on a voluntary basis
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401k Retirement Account
About Great Scott Tree Service
Great Scott Tree Care started in 1976 with a pick-up truck, a chainsaw, and a vision to provide high-quality tree maintenance at a competitive cost. Our commitment to state-of-the-art equipment, certified professionals, and quickly identifying the future needs and potential problems of our customers has led us to be a leader in commercial, municipal, and university tree care.
At Great Scott we have five core principles that we adhere to everyday:
With that in mind, we have developed the “Grow It Forward” approach.: before we start any job, we set up both short- and long-term tree care goals with the client. Once we’ve established these goals, a big picture view will guide us, ensuring that the client’s expectations are met. It is more of an investment up front, but we have learned it pays off for our clients down the road – typically saving them time and money. Our vision throughout the years has always been caring for trees that enhance the beautiful landscapes of southern California communities not just for today but for future generations to come.